Welcome to my domain...if you dare...

Welcome to my blog about life as a writer and the craziness it involves with struggles of daily life. Make yourself at home but only if you don't mind a little messiness from time to time. This isn't the Home and Garden blog or Martha Stewart so don't expect cute little crafts with homemade goodies. That's not happening in the world of vamps, weres, and other things that go bump in the night...well...maybe homemade blood cakes topped with 'scream a la cream' sweetness along with the sexy alpha males who serve it up.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday....bring out the cake!


As the time draws nearer to another birthday, I can't help but get all giddy....I know, I know...one would think that as an adult I wouldn't be but I love birthdays!  Some people get all anxious, depressed, pissy, or even lie about their age because they dread getting older.  Not me.  And to answer your question, I will be 41 on Monday and yes mom did drop me on my head a few times as a child...heehee.

Seriously though, I believe birthdays are a day of celebration.  One it means I've spent another year on this glorious earth which the LORD has created.  HE's also blessed me with more opportunities to grow and become the woman HE wants me to be, more time with loved ones, and more time to share HIS love with others as HE has with me.  Birthdays offer a time of reflection but not regrets.  To me, they should inspire and motivate a person to reach for his/her dreams and goals.  It's never too late. 


When I celebrate a birthday, I actually feel like a kid because of the excitement and giddiness built up inside of me.  Actually, I feel that way for other people's birthdays as well.  It's the one day of the year that it's ok to be pampered and catered to without feeling guilty; yet, not hurting others during the process.

Don't get me wrong, I may not have the body that I used to, may experience more aches and pains, and forget things more easily but I cherish my 'living life wear and tear' badges.  They've molded and shaped me.  After all, I am a strong, beautiful, and smart grown woman; not a young, awkward, and naive youngster.

So with that I say...'Hello Birthday, I missed ya, babe, and it's so wonderful to see you again"!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! You are so cool. And I am happy to be part of your circle of friends :-)

    May this year bring amazing wonderfulness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday! Don't forget to make a wish when you blow out the candles! :)

    ReplyDelete