Welcome to my domain...if you dare...

Welcome to my blog about life as a writer and the craziness it involves with struggles of daily life. Make yourself at home but only if you don't mind a little messiness from time to time. This isn't the Home and Garden blog or Martha Stewart so don't expect cute little crafts with homemade goodies. That's not happening in the world of vamps, weres, and other things that go bump in the night...well...maybe homemade blood cakes topped with 'scream a la cream' sweetness along with the sexy alpha males who serve it up.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday....Which road to take?




Today's selection is an all time favorite poem of mine from Robert Frost.  I hope you all enjoy this wonderful classic.

The Road Not Taken


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two road diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


By: Robert Frost





I've always loved this poem because it reminds me that there are always choices to be made throughout our lives.  Sometimes we choose very well and at other times, not so well.  It tells me that I have to make the right choices for me and my life and not what may be right for everyone else.  Sometimes the choices I make may not be the most popular views; yet, they work for me. 

There are times, when I make a decision and it turns out not so great...well, those are the times that really build a person's character and strengthens the soul.  I can never go back and change things but I can choose to make the most out of the situation and learn from it and go forward.  I have to admit that I would not change those "not so great moments" because they made me mentally stronger and wiser.

So here's to the many choices in our lives!  Take the time to consider the right one for you, but don't beat yourself up too badly if it doesn't turn out the way you expected.  Learn, grow, and continue to love throughout the process.  But either way, enjoy your journey and soak it all into your essence.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem. I remember having to memorize a Robert Frost poem in grade school. Thanks for sharing this, JD!

    ReplyDelete