Welcome to my domain...if you dare...

Welcome to my blog about life as a writer and the craziness it involves with struggles of daily life. Make yourself at home but only if you don't mind a little messiness from time to time. This isn't the Home and Garden blog or Martha Stewart so don't expect cute little crafts with homemade goodies. That's not happening in the world of vamps, weres, and other things that go bump in the night...well...maybe homemade blood cakes topped with 'scream a la cream' sweetness along with the sexy alpha males who serve it up.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday...Are you truly thankful?

Thanksgiving is a holiday of eating too much, watching parades, and yelling at football players from the comfort of our own homes. It's also a day to reflect and appreciate the people and things in our lives which we have been blessed to have received from our Heavenly Father. 

Yet, many people throughout our society tend to not be thankful for their blessings.  In fact, some people don't even look at their loved ones, jobs, material things, or freedom as blessings but as their 'God given rights'; meaning, they believe that just because their breathing then they are entitled to everything and anyone they want.  Then when they are fortunate enough to have people who care about them, a great job, those new pair of shoes, or freedom to believe as they want without the fear of persecution...they truly don't appreciate any of it.



How many times, have we truly reflected and consciously been thankful for the people in our lives. We all become busy with our daily routines and before we know it time has flown by and we haven't even told a loved one, 'I love you' or 'Thank you' for anything.  Even worse, we haven't even done anything for someone else just out of pure kindness and graciousness; not expecting anything in return but 'just because' we wanted to show the person how much he/she means to us or brighten up his/her day. 

So my earnest request for everyone, myself included, is to be actively aware of our blessings, all of them.  Regardless if a blessing is a person, an object, or anything that enables us to be the best we can be and was bestowed upon us even when we may not have 'deserved' it...then we should all be truly thankful for all. 

Because you see, I didn't earn any special points in order to be birthed in our wonderful United States and have the freedoms which we have today.  I didn't work to earn my family; yet GOD loved me and blessed me anyway with them; regardless of what I may or may not do in my lifetime.

I pray today that I; along with everyone, that we as citizens of the world will be truly thankful for all which our Heavenly Father has given us and not just on Thanksgiving Day but on every single days of our lives. 

May GOD's favor continue to be bestowed upon us and bless us throughout lives and may we all be continuously thankful for those blessings; not just one day of the year but every day.  And may we pass on the blessing towards others as our LORD has done for us. 

HUGS and GOD BLESS,

JD :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post, JD! I count my blessing daily especially when I'm feeling down. there are always people who have it worse than I do, no matter what I'm going through. I'm blessed to have you in my life, and I wish you the best this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete